Every ancient game has a story behind its origins. Scripted from an exciting Sci-Fi perspective, this is a story of how the ancient Snakes&Ladders board game came to be.
Millions of years ago the galaxy was devastated by a terrifying war between the Humans and Reptilians. It all began on a dark desolate Earth-like swamp-filled forest world in a distant uncharted corner of the galaxy. A Galactic-TriAlliance Officer faces off with serpent-like Reptilians while searching for an Artefact that could change the fate of the galaxy. Episode 1 delves into this first encounter between the two species, before the galactic war began.
Snakes-N-Ladders: Origins – Episode 1 is a small, fun, tense, and entertaining shooter game. It starts with a slow rhythm, and ends with a big bang!
- Episode 1: The primary story based game
- The Hunt: Unlockable mini game
- Type: Sci-Fi Story based Action Shooter
- Camera Perspective: First Person
- Map: 1 – A single large forest
- Levels: 6
- First level is the forest floor
- Next 3 levels are each a stage higher up in altitude in the map
- Last 2 levels are different in nature
- Average Duration: 1 hour
THE HUNT (MINI GAME)
- Access: Unlocked mini game after completing Episode 1
- Type: Mission based Hunting Strategy
- Camera Perspective: First Person
- Map: 1 – Same single large forest
- Levels: 1 – The hunting mission
- Average Duration: Unpredictable
EPISODE 1 FEATURES
- Read/Listen to text/audio logs to learn about the story and your objectives
- Collect body-armor to increase health capacity
- Use different weapons to destroy your enemies. The weapons are not a choice, they are a necessity.
- Fight different enemies as you go to each level
- Plenty of ammo around
- Auto health-regeneration
- The indispensable flashlight
- A Save station at each level of the game
- In-game Auto-save to continue from a key location/time in the game the next time you play, without having to Save at a Save station.
THE HUNT (MINI GAME) FEATURES
- Try your hunting skills on this unique enemy
- Use binocular/motion-tracker mode to track the enemy
- Hide in the bushes or on top of small trees; waiting in ambush for, or fleeing away from, the enemy.
- You have only one weapon at your disposal
- There are no health dispensers other than your auto health-regenerator, and it’s slow.
- No in-game Auto-save, only one Save station.
- Map is the same forest as Episode 1; but you only hunt on the forest floor, not the stages above.
- Remember, while you are hunting him, he is hunting you; and he can do the same things that you can, plus some more.
- It’s just you… and him…
FUN FACTS ABOUT GAME-PLAY CONCEPT DIFFERENCES
- Only the most basic game-play concepts of the Snakes&Ladders board game were integrated into this game.
- Board Game: The player has to keep going UP the board to the destination.
- This Game: The forest represents the board. Each higher level in this game is represented by a stage of wooden ramp-ways at a higher altitude in the forest.
- Board Game: Ladders assist the player to go UP the board faster.
- This Game: There are ramps that the player must walk UP to go to the next level.
- Board Game: Snakes bring you DOWN.
- This game: Enemy serpents either force you off the ramp-ways to a lower (DOWN) level or kill you altogether.
- The existence of the ramp-ways and the serpents is explained in the game.
- Please visit the official Sagnithi website for more information regarding Snakes-N-Ladders: Origins – Episode 1.
Watch the Full TrailerView on Steam
Share this MicroTrailer: